The Top Three Exercises To Get A Flat Belly
These are three of the most effective exercises to get a flat belly, with a complete step by step explanation of how you can do them properly for the best effect:
Exercise Ball Crunch
The exercise ball is an important part of any worth while ab workout to get a flat stomach. The exercise ball crunch will help to strengthen your abs in very few sets. So here’s how:
1. Lean back onto your exercise ball, making sure that it is placed in the center of your lower back.
2. Put your hands behind your head and firmly plant your feet on the floor.
3. Contract you stomach muscles to pull your midsection away from the ball, while pulling your lower chest down to your hips.
4. Push back against the ball to straighten up again. Make sure that your ball does not move – at no time in this exercise should the exercise ball roll.
The Bicycle Crunch
This exercise uses the momentum of both your legs and arms in alternating movements to work your abs and stomach muscles. This is how it’s done:
1. Lie on your back with your hands placed behind your head.
2. Then slowly raise your knees in towards your chest, while gradually raising your shoulder blades. Make sure that you do not strain or pull your neck.
3. Next, straighten out your right legs while taking your right elbow to meet your left knee.
4. Change sides and bring your left elbow to your right knee.
5. Repeat moves in a “push-peddle” motion.
The Captain’s Chair Leg Raise
The captain’s chair is a popular piece of equipment that can be found in almost all fitness gyms. It comprises of a simple “H” shaped steel rack with cushioned arms that will allow your legs to hang free. When performing these stomach exercises you need to make sure you do not swing your legs for momentum. It’s also a good idea to keep your legs bent to avoid straining your hip joints. So here’s how to do the Captain’s Chair Leg Raise;
1. Get yourself comfortable on the chair, making sure that you have a good grip on the handles. Distribute your weight onto your fore arms and the arms of the chair.
2. Using the muscles in your midsection you lift your knees to your chest.
3. Keeping your back straight you slowly lower your legs back down.
Do these stomach exercises regularly and you will soon begin to see a nice flat belly.