There are many conflicting opinions about whether you should do a warm-up before you start doing Kettlebell Workouts.
This is entirely up to you if you want to do it or not but it is preferred before a Kettlebell routine.
I am going to share with you a few good warm up exercises that will help you if you want to use them before your kettlebell workout.
Stretching your upper body first before your kettlebell workout.
Use an either coffee table or a 20 to 24-inch box in height for this simple stretch.
- Kneel in front of the box or table,
- Now bring your arms up overhead,
- Now bend at the waist to place your hands on the table or box about a shoulder width apart.
- Now with your head, down slowly sit back so your glutes (butt) touches your heels.
- Keeping your arms straight and your hands on the table or box.
- Hold for 20 t0 30 seconds.
- Repeat 2 to 3 more times for this kettlebell workout.
Stretching your lower body before a Kettlebell Workout.
Before your kettlebell workout use the same box or table from the above stretch exercise.
- Place your right heel on the box or table,
- Now with your right leg slightly bent or straight and your toes pointing back toward your head push back into your right hip as you try to lean forward trying to touch your toes.
- Now try to press your foot away from you.
- Now hold your pose for 20-30 seconds just until you’ve fully stretched your muscles.
- Now repeat 2-3 times then do the same on the other side
Stretching is a great way to keep your body limber before your Kettlebell Workouts. If your muscles are usually stiff before you kettlebell workout, warming them up before you begin your daily kettlebell routines is a good idea.
These brief exercises are also great for cooling down after your kettlebell workout. It is agreed that after intense kettlebell routines and training you need to cool down your body. Your main muscle the heart is pumping fast and it is casually advised to decrease this by at least half before you terminate your kettlebell training.
I would suggest a five to ten minute cool down is good enough to get your heart back within a normal range though it can be shorter or longer for some depending on what shape you’re in. Before Kettlebell Workouts some deep breathing exercises are also going to be helpful.
Deep breathing before kettlebell routines.
- Start by laying on the floor with your knees bent.
- Now inhale deeply filling your lungs with air.
- When you exhale squeeze your stomach flat, therefore, pushing the air out.
- Now repeat this 25 times.
This is a great exercise to do before your kettlebell workouts to help control your breathing as you firm and tighten your stomach abs.
Many people make the big mistake of holding their stomach in as they begin to inhale. This very well could lead to a bulging or protruding stomach. Be sure to squeeze your stomach as you exhale.
You can do this exercise anytime and anywhere that you want. Now you are ready to get started your kettlebell workouts.